HOW DO YOU SELECT A MANGO? LEARN HOW TO CHOOSE A MANGO THAT WILL BE PERFECT FOR YOUR NEXT DISH
- When picking a mango, don’t focus on color. It is not the best indicator of ripeness.
- Squash the mango smoothly. A ripe mango will give slightly.
- Use your experience with produce such as peaches, which also become softer as they ripen.
- Ripe mangos will sometimes have a fruity aroma at their stems.
- The Yellow color that appears on some varieties in not an indicator of ripeness. Always judge by feel.